SJA students are offered numerous opportunities, both domestically and abroad, to be immersed in the history, culture, values and lifestyles of citizens around the world. Through these transformative experiences, our young women are able to connect with others in meaningful ways as they become increasingly aware of the world around them and their responsibility to make it a better place.
It is our desire that Academy graduates are engaged and caring citizens who embrace the Sisters’ mission to bring all into unity with God, with one another and with all creation. As our students experience the realities of other cultures, they gain appreciation for alternative perspectives and a deeper understanding of their role in the world community.
Cultural enrichment experiences are offered each year to a variety of destinations, including
- Paris, France
- Quebec, Canada
- Rome, Italy
- Washington, D.C.
Mission Trips & Technology Service
Service is an integral part of the SJA experience. In addition to serving our Baton Rouge community throughout the year, our students have the opportunity to participate in service immersion programs during summer or school holidays.
- St. Anne’s Mission in Klagetoh, Arizona
- SHINE Catholic Work Camp in McAllen, Texas
- Alive in You in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Companions in Mission in Wichita, Kansas
- Puerto Rico
Leadership & Faith Development
Opportunities for faith development and leadership formation give our students a chance to grow personally and spiritually.
- Community Builders for Peace in Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Catholic Leadership Encounter in Estes Park, Colorado
- CSJ/SSJ Charism Leadership in Cleveland, Ohio
Students compete in local, state, national and international science fairs and technology contests.
- I-SWEEEP in Houston, Texas
- ISEF in Phoenix, Arizona
- Cyber Discovery Camp at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana
- Global Game Jam at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- National Junior Science and Humanities Symposium in San Diego, California