Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about applying to SJA or life as an SJA student?
Below are some commonly asked questions and answers. If you have additional questions, please contact the Admissions Office. We are happy to help.
- How many students are enrolled at SJA?
- What is the average class size at SJA?
- Why should we consider an all-girls’ school for our daughter?
- My daughter did not attend a Catholic elementary school. Will this have a negative impact on her being considered for admission?
- How old is SJA?
- When do we apply to SJA?
- When will we know if our daughter is accepted?
- How many students are enrolled in the freshman class?
- How often do you have Mass?
- How many clubs/organizations and sports do you offer?
- Can 9th graders play on athletic teams?
- Who are the members of the administration?
- What does it cost to attend SJA?
- Does SJA offer tuition assistance or scholarships?
- What if I already have a laptop or tablet computer or if I find one that costs less in the store?
- How will the tablet computer be used by my daughter?
- How do SJA students meet guys?
Research affirms that adolescent girls perform better academically, feel more positive about school, have greater educational aspirations and hold more favorable attitudes toward academic study in an all-girl environment. The presence of a greater number of successful female role models and more opportunities for leadership are key contributing factors. For more on the All-Girl Advantage, visit our Why All-Girls page.
We have Mass approximately once a month – always on holy days and feast days. We pray together in our classes daily, and we hold retreats for each grade level every year. For more on Faith Development, visit our Faith page.
An incoming student-athlete must meet the requirements established by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association in order to participate in athletics during her freshman year. For details, contact Athletic Director Dorinda Beaumont at firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 388-2290.
For the 2019-2020 academic year, tuition is $11,455. Seniors pay an additional $440 senior fee for a total of $11,895. Tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year will be published in February 2020. For more details on tuition, visit our Tuition & Financial Aid page.
Yes. SJA offers tuition assistance to qualifying families. An application for tuition assistance must be submitted annually. The Josephine Bahlinger Award is a merit-based scholarship awarded to qualifying incoming 9th graders. For more details on financial assistance, visit our Tuition & Financial Aid page.
There are so many reasons why St. Joseph’s Academy is a great fit for every girl. To learn more about SJA, visit our Why SJA page.
SJA’s Virtual Tour is designed to give you a feel for our beautiful campus and facilities. Begin your tour.