St. Joseph’s Academy is committed to providing an environment of excellence for young women in the Baton Rouge community. In an effort to maintain the fiscal operations of St. Joseph’s Academy, the Board of Directors has provided the following guidelines for tuition income:
St. Joseph’s Academy has four (4) tuition payment options:
1. Pay in full in advance on or before May 5, 2023, through Blackbaud Tuition Management.
2. Pay in two equal installments (May 5 and October 5) through Blackbaud Tuition Management.
3. Pay monthly through Blackbaud Tuition Management via ACH debit to your checking account, credit or debit card or your bank's online bill pay service.
4. Pay with cash, money order or certified check directly to the school.
For option 3, tuition is divided into eleven (11) monthly installments.
For students in grades 9, 10 and 11, payments will be processed on the 5th of each month beginning June 5, 2023, and ending May 5, 2024. No tuition will be drafted in February as registration for the 2024-2025 academic year is paid online this month.
For students in grade 12, payments will be processed on the 5th of the month beginning June 5, 2023, and ending April 5, 2024, including February. The senior fee of $440 ($40 monthly) has been absorbed into the monthly drafts.
Please note that all tuition discounts (student awards, endowed scholarships, etc.) will be applied directly to the student's account in Blackbaud Tuition Management by the SJA Finance Department.
If you would like your student to have more than one family account in Blackbaud Tuition Management (split tuition), please contact Accountant Louise Babin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (225) 388-2234.
At the beginning of the academic year, a student will not be considered registered if the monthly tuition amounts for June and July are not paid in full by the day before the August orientation.
If a payment delinquency occurs, the parent must apply for tuition assistance.
If a student’s tuition account becomes 30 days past due:
- The student is subject to suspension from classes, MySJA privileges and tablet computer privileges. She must immediately return her tablet. SJA reserves the right to require that tuition be paid in full for the remainder of the academic year. If the 30-day-past-due situation occurs during semester exams, a student may not take exams until all financial obligations to the school have been fulfilled and/or remedied.
- Delinquent payments made immediately prior to exams must be made in cash, by cashier’s check or money order in order for them to be deemed received by St. Joseph’s Academy and allowing the student to take her exams.
- The parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified by the President of St. Joseph’s Academy of such actions.
Should a parent fail to make alternative arrangements:
- In keeping with the vision of the Academy, the President welcomes parents throughout the school year to discuss in advance of delinquency conditions that may prevent them from fulfilling their obligation to pay tuition to St. Joseph’s Academy. Tuition assistance may be considered, and/or funding from outside sources could be suggested. The President’s office is committed to assisting in providing a plan that will work best for the family’s particular situation.
- Students and/or siblings of students with an outstanding tuition balance, including students who are siblings of graduated students with an outstanding tuition balance, may not register for the following academic year.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) of returning students who, during any prior year, have a student tuition account that has, at any time, become 30 days past due may be subject to the following:
- May be asked to find other funding sources;
- May be required to pay tuition in advance for the year; and/or
- May be asked to apply for tuition assistance.
Parent(s)/guardian(s) are liable for any collection costs, court costs and legal fees incurred by the school to collect delinquent accounts.